The holidays are in full swing, which means plenty of parties and events to attend. While it is not quite easy maintaining a vegan diet during the holidays, I always make sure to bring something yummy (and vegan!) to any soiree I may attend. I absolutely love this spread, and love it even more when I have leftovers and can have it on cinnamon toast for breakfast.
Vegan Cream Cheese Spread
1 tub of vegan cream cheese (I like Tofutti)
3 tablespoons honey* or agave
½ cup chopped pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
Crusty baguette cut into ½” slices
Olive oil for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a food processor, blend cream cheese and honey on a low speed until smooth.
3. Brush slices of baguette with olive oil and bake until golden brown and toasty.
4. In a small bowl, mix blended cream cheese mixture with spices and fold in pecans and dried cranberries.
5. Serve in a pretty bowl with warm baguettes slices
* Don’t eat honey? Just use agave! It will be just as tasty.
Also by Karina: Savory Oatmeal Bowl for Cold Mornings
Photo: Karina Alexander