Food | Healthy Eating | Life | Travel
It’s #NationalPizzaMonth! 10 Best Vegan Pizzas That Will Send You To Food Heaven
October is National Pizza Month, and who doesn’t love a large slice of pie dripping with melted, guilt-free, vegan cheese?! Thankfully, vegan cheese has come a *long* way since its humble beginnings of un-melting, rubbery texture and bland, icky aftertaste.
For those looking to indulge in a slice or three, we’ve rounded up some of the top 100% vegan pizzerias across America, plus we’ve included some tasty pizza recipes for those who enjoy making their meals from scratch.
1. Cruzer Pizza – Los Angeles, California
With 100% vegan goodness on the menu, Cruzer Pizza is your go-to spot if you’re ever in LA. The pizza restaurant serves up delicious appetizers like Daiya cheese stuffed breadsticks, seasoned potato wedges, potato skins, and veggie meatballs, an array of salads, pastas, and sandwiches (chicken parm, philly cheesesteak, yum!), *plus* pretty much any type of pizza you can imagine! They even have calzones!
2. The Chicago House of ‘Za Vegan Pizzeria – Chicago, Illinois
Those living in the Windy City are lucky because *this* delicious 2-inch thick, cashew cheese “Stuffed ‘Za” is on the menu at Chicago’s FIRST all-vegan pizzeria . Also on the menu? Stone baked calzones, fresh baked pull apart bread, and stuffed mushrooms. For those looking to dine out, keep in mind the House of ‘Za only offers pick up or carry out options.
3. Screamer’s Pizzeria – Brooklyn, New York
Nestled in Brooklyn, NY, Screamer’s Pizzeria serves up specialty New York-style pizzas. With choices ranging from classic cheese, margherita, or Upton’s seitan pepperoni to more adventurous options like BBQ Jack, Cherry Pie (roasted garlic sauce, vegan cheese, hot pesto, roasted cherry tomatoes, and almond parmesan), and Fancy Kale, Screamer’s should definitely be at the top of your bucket list!
4. Pizza Pi – Seattle, Washington
A self-described purveyor of nostalgic favorites, Pizza Pi is your ultimate pizza heaven. Craft your own pizza or choose from their lengthy list of specialty pies—Mac ‘N’ Cheese Pizza, Meatlovers, Hawaiian, Thai Chicken Pizza, and Pesto Pi, just to name a few! The vegan pizzeria also serves mouthwatering desserts including Cinnamonstix, Baked “Pi” Pockets, Cookie Pizzas, and vanilla ice cream.
5. Double Zero – New York City, New York
The second all-vegan restaurant located in NY to grace this list, Double Zero offers healthy, wood-fired pies piled high with their signature nut-based cheeses. Enjoy Double Zero’s dinner options like their Flora Artisanal Cheeseplate handcrafted using sprouted and cultured nuts served with mixed herb flatbread and their array of specialty pizzas (Creamy Artichoke, Eggplant Bacon, Truffle Cashew Cream, and Spicy Marinara Arrabbiata).
Ready to make your own veg-lovers delight?
6. Vegan Ratatouille Pizza – a delicious veggie pie your whole family is sure to love!
7. Gluten-Free Mini Vegan Pizza Pockets With Spinach & Almond Cheese – the perfect mini pizza bites to serve for *any* occasion.
8. Veggie Quinoa Pizza – this healthy pie is packed with protein, iron, B-vitamins, antioxidants, and essential amino acids!
9. Kale & Heirloom Tomato Pizza – another tasty, gluten-free option full of fresh, colorful produce.
10. Raw Vegan Pizza With Sprouted Nut Cheese – full of clean ingredients, this pizza recipe is perfect for the raw foodies.
What’s your favorite all-vegan pizzeria?
Get more like this–sign up for our newsletter for exclusive inspirational content!
Photo: Respective Brands, Mary Hood Luttrell