8 Brilliant Ways To Use Aloe Vera For Health & Beauty (It’s A Miracle Plant, Basically)
Aloe vera is one of nature’s miracles and its applications are practically endless. I am sure that many of you know of using aloe vera for a sunburn, but this amazing succulent has so much more to offer. In fact it is so handy, I recommend keeping a bottle of the juice in your fridge and an aloe vera plant on hand. They are easy to care for and will liven up any environment. Keep in mind when using aloe vera that not all aloe juice and supplements are created equally. Look for pure aloe without any preservatives or added ingredients.
Aloe Vera for Healing Skin– Aloe vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones aid in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera has been used by doctors for burn victims for years as it heals and regenerates the skin. It has also been used effectively in treating some forms of acne, eczema and psoriasis. When using aloe vera for these purposes it is most effective to cut off as much of the leaf as you think you will need and scrape the gel out. a little goes a long way.
Aloe Vera for Your Mouth– Using Aloe Vera as a mouthwash has been proven to reduce plaque! It also can heal canker sores and help with gum irritation. You can buy pure Aloe Vera juice for this (just make sure you get the kind with out any preservatives). You can also make your own mouthwash. Combine 4 tbsp. aloe vera gel, 3 tsp. baking soda, 2 tbsp water and 1 tsp. lemon juice to make a homemade mouthwash.
Aloe Vera for Digestion– Aloe vera contains two enzymes, amylase and lipase, both of these aid in normal digestion. Aloe also contains acemannan which is a prebiotic. Prebiotics support probiotics (the healthy bacteria) in the gut. A There studies to suggest that aloe may help those with IBS. Aloe can also be used as a laxative if needed.
Aloe Vera Keeps Your Heart Healthy– Studies have shown that those who take aloe vera have better oxygen transportation throughout the body. This not only helps the heart but all your organs as well. It has also been shown to reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Aloe Vera Boosts Your Immune System– It increases your vitamin absorption especially Vitamins C and E, as well as its anti-inflammatory benefits, both of these things boosts your immune system in general. Aloe works or a cellular level stimulating white blood cell activity and increasing the number of cells that coordinate immune response. Aloe Vera has antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. It can be used for common viruses like the flu or cold, to fight bacteria both internally and externally, and in healing yeast infections. Yes ladies, you heard that right, it can be taken both internally and used topically to heal yeast infections. There are even aloe suppositories for this. There have also been studies that Aloe Vera helps with type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood glucose levels.
Aloe Vera Helps You Detoxify And Lose Weight– How does it aid in weight loss? Let us count the ways…
- Aloe helps your body turn carbohydrates and fats into energy instead of storing them, thus decreasing your Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Aloe Vera stimulates production of collagen, a protein that promotes muscle development. Yaass!! You already know we’re big fans of vegan collagen here at PD. ;D
- Collagen also speeds up metabolism and shortens the amount of time that food is stored in the lower intestine.
- Aloe Vera is packed with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, folic acid, and niacin, all of which help to burn calories and reduce body fat.
- Aloe Vera Juice is also a natural laxative. It forces food out of the colon faster thus improving digestion, and detoxifying the body.
Aloe Vera to Beautify Your Skin– The benefits to the skin from aloe vera are practically endless. Aloe contains vitamin C and E which are both great for the skin. It also has antioxidants to help protect from free radical damage. It provides hydration to the skin and anti-aging benefits. Aloe has a regenerative effect thus can turn back signs of aging. There have also been studies that women who have used Aloe both internally and topically have seen a reduction in wrinkles. It can also help with hyperpigmentation by encouraging new cell growth and brightening the skin.
Ways to treat your skin with Aloe:
– Don’t underestimate the power of putting straight Aloe vera gel right on your skin. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off. Though for cuts burns scrapes you will want to leave it on overnight or longer.
– Mask great for hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and acne. Can also help with reducing fine lines and pores. Disclaimer do not use on cuts as the lemon will sting.
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tbsp.- one or two leaves from the Aloe plant (depending on the size) scrape out the gel
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Glycerine -2 tsp.
- 1 tsp Juice of neem leaves – 1 tsp
- Blend and leave on 20 minutes. Then rinse.
–Mask for hydration
- 2 Tbsps aloe vera gel -one or two leaves from the Aloe plant (depending on the size) scrape out the gel
- 3 tsp almond oil
- 1 small, ripe banana
- Mash Banana then add aloe and almond oil until evenly blended. Leave on 30 minutes and rinse.
Aloe Vera Keeps Your Hair Shiny– Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes which can help repair dead skin cells on the scalp. It promotes hair growth, reduces dandruff, and conditions your hair leaving it smooth and shiny. Aloe vera has a chemical make up similar to Keratin, which is the main protein in your hair, so by using it can give your hair more elasticity and help prevent breakage.
– Hair Mask for Tired Dull Strands
- Aloe Ver Gel 4 tbsp. one or two leaves from the Aloe plant (depending on the size) scrape out the gel
- Mix with three tbsp. of coconut oil (blend for smoother application).
- Leave on hair for 20-30 minutes and wash out. You can substitute 2 tbsp. of castor oil instead of coconut to promote hair growth. You can leave this one on overnight.
Have you ever used aloe vera for any of these reasons? Let us know how it worked for you! 😀
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!