These savory vegan carrot dill scones are flaky and moist at the same time, and deliciously flavorful. They’re the perfect side to a bowl of warm soup, or as an afternoon snack. Indulge your scone obsession with these pretty treats–bon appetit!
Savory Vegan Carrot Dill Scone
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- handful fresh dill, chopped fine
1. Heat oven to 400* F.
2. Peel and finely chop the carrot. In a saute pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil and bring to medium heat. When the oil is hot, add carrots and saute, lightly stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, onion and garlic powder, salt, and nutritional yeast. Sift through with a fork.
4. Add vegan butter, cutting it into small pea-sized pieces.
5. Add non dairy milk and chopped dill, and mix together to form a dry and slightly crumbly dough. If it is too dry, add just a splash of milk.
6. Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Form the dough into 6 round discs, denting the middle slightly. Spoon carrots into the center.
7. Bake in the oven for 14-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling