Vegan Chili Macaroni
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 3x garlic cloves (minced)
- 1x jalapeño (thinly chopped)
- 1x thumb of ginger (minced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (red/green - chopped)
- 4-6x vegan sausages (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1x canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp each seasoning: chili powder, oregano, paprika, chili flakes, cumin
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- 4 cups macaroni (precooked/ al dente)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) - as needed
1. On a hot pan with drizzled EVOO, sauté your aromatics (onion and garlic) until charred then add cook your vegan sausages.
2. Tossing them on one side of your pan then sauté your bell peppers, jalapeno and ginger and combine everything together.
3. Add your canned tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning and let it simmer for about 15–20 minutes.
4. Add in the cocoa powder (I used dark) and mix well.
5. Coat in your al dente macaroni pasta.
6. Squeeze in your lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and garnish with some cilantro and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Bel Faustino