This is super cheap to make and only takes about 20 minutes of time. I always buy individual packs of organic ramen noodles when they go on sale for about a dollar and I keep them in my pantry for when I don’t feel like spending too much time cooking. This is the perfect way to put them to good use, without making just a soup out of them. These noodles are the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and fresh. You can add more or less chili garlic sauce, depending on your spice level preference.
Vegan Chili Garlic Ramen Noodles
- about 2 cups cooked ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- fresh cilantro to top
- chopped scallions to top
1. Prepare ramen noodles according to package and set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes to let the mushrooms soften.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
4. Pour the sauce over the mushrooms and sauté for a minute. Add in the noodles and stir well to coat.
5. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and scallions. Serve.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote