- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes, toss with olive oil, place on a baking sheet, and place in the oven. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until soft.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, bring quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from the oven, let cool for a little bit, and then add them to your food processor. Process until you reach desired level of smoothness (I like to leave some small chunks of potatoes in there).
5. Add the potatoes into a large bowl, fold in the cooked quinoa, and add seasonings.
6. Roll mixture into balls or form into patties and place on a baking sheet.
7. Place in the oven for 15-20 min or until crispy.
Also by Kathryn: Vegan Lentil Quinoa Sloppy Joes
Related: Vegan Chipotle Veggie Bites
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Kathryn Farrugia