I have an amazing raw vegan cookie recipe for you chocolate lovers out there that will not disappoint. These raw vegan chocolate almond cookies have a chewy texture with a burst of chocolatey flavor and will definitely wow your family and friends! They have a warm and soft texture when taken out of the dehydrator, not unlike that "fresh out of the oven" feeling. Alternatively, you can freeze them for a cool snack! Not only will these raw vegan chocolate almond cookies satisfy your sweet tooth, they also pack a nutritional punch. Raw cacao nibs offer the best health benefits since some of the nutrients are destroyed when they are processed into chocolate. The cacao bean is full of - Antioxidants - Polyphenols like flavonoids - Minerals like calcium, magnesium, sulfur, copper, iron, zinc and potassium, oleic acid - Fiber - Vitamins E, B2, B1, B5, B3 and B9 You can learn more about raw cacao's nutritional benefits here . A few notes before getting started: * You can use raw nuts for this recipe but my preference is to soak and dehydrate the nuts. It's a long process, but it's worth it because soaking and dehydrating the nuts makes their nutrient more bioavailable. * Add extra cacao nibs for a crunchier bite and chocolate overload.
Raw Vegan Recipes: Raw Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
Recipe Type: Sweets
YIELDS 16 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds, (optional: soaked + dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, (optional: soaked + dehydrated)
- 1 cup medjool dates, de-seeded
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split open and seeds scraped out
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped (optional: soaked + dehydrated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, freshly grated or ground
1. In a food processor, process the almonds and walnuts for about 30 seconds or until the mixture develops a crumbly consistency. 2. Add the dates, cacao powder, vanilla bean, and cinnamon. Process for about 45 seconds or until well combined. 3. In a medium bowl, transfer the dough, and mix in the cacao nibs and roughly chopped almonds with a spoon. 4. Take a spoonful of batter and mold each one into flat cookies. Place the cookies on the dehydrator trays. 5. Dehydrate for 4 hours at 100*F.
Also by Jessie: Raw Vegan Raspberry Tartlets
Related: Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessie Brown