This recipe was inspired by that recipe on a gloomy day when I really wanted to eat bundás kenyér, but I forgot that I didn't have all the ingredients so I decided to go with the flow and work with whatever I had. Topped with a little leftover of the Mexican salad from the day before, added some extra avocado to get my health fats as well and turned out this is super delicious!
Perfect breakfast/brunch or even as a lighter dinner, best to eat when fresh out of the pan to enjoy the warming flavors on these chilly November days.
As usual, I worked with my favorite egg replacer called "Eggy" which is a powder-based vegan option to replace eggs. I love it for its ease of use. To replace 1 egg you need to mix 1 tbs powder with 2 tbs water. I recommend to use something similar to make the "dough" smooth as possible.
GF Vegan Mexican Style “Eggy” Bread
- 1/2 Ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1 handful Cherry tomatoes, diced
- To taste Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 ts Lime juice
- To replace 2 egga Powder based egg replacement
- For frying Olive oil
- 2 slices Gluten free bread
- Vegan cheese, grated
- To taste Red chili flakes
- To taste Salt, peppee
1. Mix together chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and coriander. Season with lime juice, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Set aside to chill and let the flavors combine.
2. Mix up the egg replacement as per packaging instructions to create a replacement for 2 beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a non-sticky frying pan, heat up some oil. Place your bread slices in the Eggy mixture and coat each side of them. Transfer to the hot pan and fry until both sides turn golden brown.
4. Set them aside on a plate once done, sprinkle with grated vegan cheese and top with the Mexican salad mix.
5. Tastes amazing with chili sauce or veganaise on top, as well.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth