Oh, Tzatziki! Creamy, tangy and a comfort food for many--it brings back memories of warm summer nights with campfires, picnics, and of course, baked potatoes slathered in that oh so yummy sauce. Going vegan doesn't necessarily mean you can't indulge in those childhood comfort foods! Here's a super easy vegan version of the traditional recipe you can whip up in just a few minutes.
Easy Vegan Tzatziki (aka “Everything Sauce”)
Recipe Type: Appetizers
- 1 Medium Cucumber, grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped or grated
- One handful Dill (or as much as you like!)
- 6 heaping tbsp Vegan Yoghurt (unsweetened)
- Lemon juice (To taste)
- Pepper (To taste)
1. Combine (gently) all of the ingredients in a bowl 2. You can enjoy it straight away, or leave in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight to let the flavours meld. My personal favourite is serving it as a topping for baked potatoes, but it's also amazing as a dip for veggies or in a salad dressing!
Also by Rebecca: Vegan Tortilla De Patata (Spanish Omelette
Photo: Rebecca Botello