This is the companion recipe to the Raw Vegan 101: How to Use a Dehydrator post!
Raw Banana Chocolate Crepes
8 Ripe Bananas
1 C Filtered Water
1 Tbsp Raw Cacao powder
1/4 Vanilla Bean
Makes 4-6 Crepes depending on tray size and crepe thickness
1. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Pour batter onto parchment paper and place onto dehydrator trays. Tilt trays in a circular motion to ensure even spreading of the crepe batter.
3. Place into dehydrator and turn on. About 2-3 hours in flip the crepes by placing another piece of parchment paper on top of the crepe and turn over. You should be able to easily peel the old paper (which should now be on top) off the crepe.
4. Continue to dehydrate for another 2.5 hours or so. The crepe is done when it looks like a crepe and is pliable but not gooey. Be careful not to over “cook” it to a crisp–still delicious, but definitely not a crepe!
5. Fill with whatever your heart desires: jam, raw nut butters, fruit, raw ice cream….I used raw almond butter and banana slices. Garnish with mint, cinnamon, and vanilla powder (optional).