Vegan Soup Recipes: Soba Noodle and Seitan Veggie Soup
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 6 ounces plain seitan, sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small rutabaga, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups dandelion greens, chopped
1. Begin by boiling soba noodles in a medium saucepan according to package directions. Once cooked through, drain and place back in saucepan.
2. While noodles are cooking, saute olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Once garlic becomes fragrant, add ginger and continue to saute for another 3 minutes. Add carrot and rutabaga and saute for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are becoming soft and browning slightly.
3. Add seitan and saute for another 3 minutes, until it also begins to brown.
4. Add vegetable and seitan mixture to saucepan with soba noodles, along with 3 cups water or vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and allow the broth and vegetables to heat through. Finally, gently stir in dandelion greens and take soup off heat.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Also by Molly: Vegan Vanilla Rose Latte
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne