Raw Vegan High Protein Gazpacho
- 3 1/2 pounds tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) navy beans
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- to taste Sea salt
- Cilantro, chopped
- Basil leaves, sliced
- Red onion, minced (optional)
- Sprouts (optional)
1. Place 1/3 of tomatoes in a high speed blender and add jalapeño, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Blend until completely smooth and pour into a large bowl.
3. Repeat step #2, adding another tablespoon of olive oil and vinegar to the blender. Pour into bowl.
4. Add remaining chopped tomatoes, another tablespoon of olive oil and vinegar, navy beans, and chia seeds to blender. Blend until completely smooth, making sure chia seeds are fully blended. Pour into bowl with rest of soup and stir to combine.
5. Pour into individual bowls or shooters and top with any combination of cilantro, basil, red onion, and sprouts (I used cilantro, basil, and daikon radish sprouts in the picture above).
Photo: Molly Lansdowne