Vitamin C Booster Smoothie
- 1 cup 2 carrots, finely grated
- Halved and segmented 1 orange
- 1 cup Frozen peach slices
- 1 tbsp The juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Crushed ice, optional
1. If you have a powerful blender like a Vitamix that can smoothly puree hard produce with ease, feel free to throw in your carrots roughly chopped. If your blender can’t handle that, try this tip: using a cheese grater or a microplane, finely zest your carrots. This way you’ll avoid a chunky, unappetizing smoothie, and avoid the possibility of damaging the blender blades.
2. Add your grated carrot, half an orange (I opted for a tangelo in this instance), and the juice of half a lemon to a blender. If you’re using fresh peach slices rather than frozen, add one cup crushed ice. Top with one cup water.
3. Blend until smooth.
More vegan smoothie recipes: Mexican Mocha Horchata Smoothie
Photo: Sarah McEwing