Alas! With everyone floating their tamales, menudo, and posole around to share, preparing my Cinnamon Champurrado (chum-poo-rah-dough) Delight beverage recipe can ensure you have a healthy and vegan, yet traditional Hispanic, winter-warming beverage. Dazzle your dairy lovin’ loved ones and leave them asking for a second cup!
Vegan Cinnamon Champurrado Delight
- 4 brown sugar cubes
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1.5 lbs prepared masa (corn) dough
- 1 pt almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 1 can vegan condensed milk
- 1/2 chocolate bar
*All ingredients can all be purchased at any of many, local, Hispanic grocery markets (Cardenas, Vallarta, El Super).
*I recommend “Chocolate de Abuelita” brand chocolate bar.
*If you can’t find prepared masa dough, you can also make your own by combining 1 cup corn flour with 4 cups water.
1.Prepare pot by setting it on low heat on stovetop.
2. Place entire chocolate bar, all cinnamon sticks, your choice of almond, coconut, soy or rice milk, followed by the brown sugar, in the slightly heated pot.
3.Quickly combine the prepared dough and vegan condensed milk in the large bowl.
4. Whisk both ingredients until smooth and chunk free, then using a your colander, spill combined dough and condensed vegan milk into the pot to combine it with all other ingredients. (If any chunks remain in colander, take the stubborn chunks and run them through the colander and into the pot until colander is clear!)
5. Stir pot very frequently (about every minute or so)
6. After ten minutes of stirring, you’re ready for a taste test!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!