It’s that time of year again–Valentine’s Day! Whether you are having a romantic night out with your special someone or just taking a day to celebrate you, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity (or excuse!) to dress up and add a little extra glam to your everyday look!
Follow these simple steps to help you get glowing this February 14th!
All of the products used in this tutorial can be purchased at Target, Sephora, Ulta, LUSH, and Etsy!
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin: Conceal Full Coverage Foundation (My specific shade is Y1).
Etherealle Perfect Skin Primer and Finishing Veil
Etherealle Mineral Contouring Powder in HOLLOW.
Etherealle Mineral Highlighting Powder in STARK.
Etherealle Mineral Blush in ROMANCE.
Be Conscious Cosmetics Vegan Eye Shadow Primer
Pacifica Mystical Supernatural Eye Shadow Palette: I used CELESTIAL (a champagne pearl shade) as my eyelid base color.
Arbonne Eye Shadow in LINEN (a cream shade) as my highlight color for both my eyes and above my upper lip.
Etherealle Mineral Eye Shadow in SKYLARK (a matte grey-brown shade) as my crease color.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencil in SYBIL (Dark Brown)— I used this to darken and define my eyebrows.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
*Be Conscious Cosmetics products can be purchased on Etsy. Arbonne Cosmetics are available online and through independent Arbonne consultants. Pacifica products can be purchased online or in-store at Target. Too Faced products can be purchased online or in-store at Sephora and Ulta.
LUSH Cosmetics Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
Ollie and Max Soap Co. Natural Unflavored Vegan Lip Balm (organic, clear & unscented)
Addictive Cosmetics 100% All Natural Liner in CLEAR
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencil in ANIME (a bright pink creamy lip pencil)
1. Apply your foundation to your entire face, blending it onto your jawbone and slightly down onto your neck—You may use your hands, a foundation brush, or whatever your favorite foundation application tool is.
2. If you are not using a full coverage foundation, such as the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin: Conceal Full Coverage Foundation, apply concealer as needed before you apply your foundation. Apply concealer to any areas your foundation did not cover.
1. Apply Be Conscious Cosmetics vegan eye shadow primer to your entire eyelid, crease, and underneath your eyebrows. I use my fingers to apply this particular primer, but feel free to use a small concealer brush to apply it as well. Applying a primer prior to applying your eye shadow colors not only makes your eye make-up long-lasting, but it can also help make your eye shadow colors pop!
2. Apply Pacifica’s CELESTIAL or your favorite pearly champagne shade to your eyelid. This will be your base color.
3. Apply Arbonne’s LINEN or any cream shade underneath your eyebrow and blend it into CELESTIAL. This will be your highlight color.
4. Apply Etherealle’s SKYLARK (a matte grey-brown shade) to your crease and blend it down into CELESTIAL and upwards into LINEN. Also apply SKYLARK onto the outer corners of your eyelid, blending inwards into CELESTIAL, and outwards into a soft, circular shape. Blend away any harsh edges with LINEN.
5. Using an angled eyeliner brush, apply CELESTIAL to the inner corner of your eye and from the inner corner to the middle of your lashline. This will brighten and accentuate your lovely eyes!
6. Using the same brush you previously used to apply SKYLARK to your crease, gently apply/smudge SKYLARK from the outer corner of your eye to the middle of your lower lashline. Blend SKYLARK into CELESTIAL so that there is not a distinct separation between the two shades. Adding this shading to your lower lashline and outer corner will further accentuate your eyes and give them a flirty, fun look!
7. Curl your lashes and apply the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara to your upper lashes and gently across your lower lashes. Let the first coat dry and apply 1-2 more coats, depending on how thick you would like your lashes.
8. If you have sparse, light eyebrows like I do, you can apply OCC’s SYBIL to darken and define your brows. First, apply SYBIL to a palette or the back of your hand and then apply to your brows with an angled eyeliner brush—this way you are not just drawing them on. This will give your brows a more natural, less cartoon-like effect. Apply the eyebrow color beginning in the middle of your eyebrow to the end of your brow and then use the remaining color to darken the front of your eyebrows.
Contouring & Blush:
1. Apply the Etherealle bronzer color (HOLLOW) to the cheekbones, temples, and your jawbone–blending downwards onto your neck and into your hairline. I use a fluffy angled brush to apply bronzer and contour my face.
2. Apply the Etherealle highlight color (STARK) to the cheeks, chin, forehead, nose, and underneath your eyes. Blend the highlight color into the bronzer. I suggest using a fluffy powder foundation brush to achieve this part of the look.
3. Next, smile and apply the Etherealle blush color (ROMANCE) to your cheeks, blending it out towards your hairline. I prefer using a kabuki blush brush to apply blush so that my application is even and precise.
4. Blend the blush and bronzer with the highlight color (STARK) using the same fluffy powder foundation brush as before.
1. The key to any perfect lipstick application is to begin with soft, smooth, and hydrated lips! Prior to applying any of your make-up use a lip scrub (my absolute favorite is LUSH Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub!) to gently remove any rough patches. Then, make sure to moisturize those lips to help seal in moisture! My current favorite lip balm is Ollie and Max Soap Co.’s Natural Unflavored Vegan Lip Balm (available on Etsy and in a multitude of delicious flavors!). This lip balm is organic, vegan, and by far the best lip balm I have ever used! It will provide your lips with long lasting moisture, even on the coldest of winter days!
2. Apply the Addictive Cosmetics liner in CLEAR to your lips. I prefer to fill in my entire lip with lip liner rather than just lining the outer edges of my lips as it is sometimes suggested that you do. By filling in your entire lip, you provide a base for your lip color to adhere to, which means your liner will now do more than just prevent your lips from feathering!
3. After you finish applying your lip liner, apply the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencil in ANIME to your lips. Since this is a lip pencil, there is no need to use a brush to apply the product. Just make sure your lip pencil is freshly sharpened to ensure a flawless application! Using a long lasting lip pencil will give you a bold lip color with some serious staying power.
4. To further define and highlight your lips, apply Arbonne’s LINEN above your upper lip and onto the center of your lips. Highlighting these specific areas adds the illusion of fullness to your lips!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
More Valentine’s day makeup ideas: Vintage Hollywood Tutorial
Photo: Becky Curl