I love to cook grains in bulk on Sunday and then use them to create quick meals all week. By cooking healthy whole grains ahead of time, you are setting yourself up for success. You can combine brown rice, quinoa, millet (or your favorite grain) with proteins and veggies all week for a satisfying lunch that won’t take you too long to prepare before you head out the door!
Asian Inspired Tempeh Bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1 radish
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 lime
- 4 oz or 1/3 block tempeh
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- for garnish cilantro
1. Chop tempeh into 1/4 inch-wide strips, as shown in photo.
2. Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, and sriracha in a bowl and add chopped tempeh. Allow tempeh to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat edamame beans.
4. Chop radish, carrot, and lime.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook tempeh until it is nicely browned. (About 2-3 minutes on each side.)
6. Layer bowl: rice on the bottom, topped with edamame, add veggies and tempeh around the side. Pour any leftover marinade over the rice. Top with more sriracha and fresh cilantro.
More vegan lunch recipes: GF Vegan Chickpea Artichoke Mediterranean Wrap
Get more like this–Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Christina Ramirez