Raw food characteristic of vegan lovers is entirely made of animal-free products and hence
allows us to experiment with different ingredients. For instance, soaked cashews are capable of adding epic creaminess to your favorite sweet delight. Fruit powders can provide robust immune support and sustains overall health. Raw desserts are a favorite among the vegan community–these sweets can be scrumptious and filling.
The ingredients for this recipe will be easily available at your nearby health food store and will cause minimum hassle to prepare, coconut oil and soaked cashews being the mains of this sweet dish. To keep this dish in perfect consistency, coconut oil is the best as it is solid at room temperature. Furthermore, you don’t even need special equipment to put this cake together, and it will come together quickly. Just remember to soak the cashews beforehand, maybe a night before for best results. At least four houars are needed for this cake to set.
This vegan cheesecake steals the show as it does not need to be treated like ice-box cakes unlike other raw cheesecakes. You can easily put it in the fridge as it known for its stable consistency. The easy with which it slices like any other ordinary cheesecake is totally awesome! You can try out this recipe as a much awaited and delectable Valentine’s Day Treat.
Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- For Raw Cheesecake:
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw agave
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Blended strawberries, sweetener (for sauce) (optional)
- For Crust:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water (if needed)
For Graham Cracker Crust:
1. Plaster a 9-inch (round) spring form pan with parchment paper, and keep aside.
2. Blend all the crust ingredients (except water) in a high-quality mixer until small pieces are formed. If the mix is too dry, then add the water.
3. Empty the crust mix into the ready pan and press.
4. Then cover up and freeze until needed.
For Raw Cheesecake:
1. In a bowl, keep the cashews completely submerged underwater for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Then drain the water and pat to dry completely.
3. Combine all ingredients in a high-quality blender and mix for about 6 to 7 minutes, stopping from time to time.
4. Pour the mix into the prepared graham cracker crust. The raw cheesecake can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Don’t forget to thaw for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. The end result, I’m sure, will be an extremely velvety and smooth creamy cake that is sure to leave your taste buds craving more. The full-on bang of strawberry flavor coupled with the limy tinge will make this sweet dish a masterpiece. Help yourself and savor the taste as the non-milky cheese melts in your mouth.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Zyana Morris