Vegan Blueberry Lemon Puffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance butter, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice + zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix flax meal and water together, then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the almond milk, water, melted butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and flax egg together. Then add the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
5. Spray the mini muffin pans with coconut spray and fill each 3/4 of the way.
6. Bake for 12 minutes then let cool.
7. Serve and enjoy! ;D
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Jessie Brown