Who doesn’t love pasta? I avoid gluten for health reasons, but the wide variety of non-wheat pasta options available means I can experiment with even more diverse textures and flavors. Corn pasta is perfect in this dish with creamy herb sauce, mushrooms, and corn kernels.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Corn Pasta
2-3 cloves garlic
1c quinoa milk
2 1/2 c cauliflower, steamed
2 c mushrooms
1 1/2-2c corn
large handful fresh basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb corn pasta
1. Cook the corn pasta (I usually rinse mine after it is done cooking, it tends to get filmy).
2. Blend the cauliflower, quinoa milk, basil, garlic, and cashews together.
3. Saute mushrooms in a bit of water with remaining spices until the mushrooms are tender.
4. Add the sauce and corn and heat until the mushrooms have picked up a bit of flavor and are fully cooked.
5. Combine the corn pasta and sauce. If desired, top with nutritional yeast.
More by Jessica: Low Fat Gluten Free Vegan Pizza
The Amazing Sweet Potato – and Ethiopian Wat Recipe
Photo: Jessica Ferguson