Biodegradable Studio Yoga Mat
This innovative, all-in-one yoga mat features a bonded, ultra-absorbent microfiber layer so that you no longer need to bring a separate mat and towel to class. Better yet? Its extra-durable design offers superior grip and plenty of cushion to support your practice.
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable, recyclable 100% natural tree rubber, water-based inks; microfiber top layer
- Includes carrying strap
- Ideal for yoga, Bikram, hot yoga, sweaty practice, Pilates, and general exercise
- Extra cushion for stability and responsive grip to reduce injuries
- Free from silicone, toxic glue, and phthalates
- Machine wash cold separately on gentle cycle; after ringing, line dry
When I was in the market for a yoga mat last fall, I ran into the nearest store by my house and just grabbed the cheapest one because I really needed to get in a class ASAP. It was so poorly made that it started falling apart pretty much that day. And also, standard sticky yoga mats are made of PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which is an environmental toxin and carcinogen. Ugh.
I still don’t plan on throwing it out—I will avoid trashing it as long as humanly possible—but if I could turn back time, I would definitely invest more on this completely biodegradable, plant-based mat. (Note: conventional inks are petroleum-based, which means they are not biodegradable.) It’s even washable, which makes cleaning a breeze. It also makes the perfect gift for any yogi or fitness lover.