With zucchini season in full swing this time of year, this make-ahead oatmeal breakfast combines this seasonal veggie with chocolate for a morning treat. The combination of oatmeal, zucchini, and chia seeds give this bake plenty of fiber to keep you full as you power through your morning.
Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bake
- 3 tablepoons Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 2/3 cup Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or coat in coconut oil.
2. Add the chia seeds to a large bowl, mix with 6 tablespoons of water and allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add the shredded zucchini, vanilla, coconut sugar and coconut milk. Stir together.
4. Add the oatmeal, spelt flour, salt, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa. Stir into a thick batter.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before placing on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Also by Colette: Vegan & Gluten-Free Chocolate Strawberry Muffins
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen