This grissini takes a little more time to make than usual, because you have to let it rest for 1.5 hours, but it's worth it. Despite that it is very easy to make and you can just lie down and rest. I just set up a timer for when I have to get back to my breadsticks and continue working on them. Meanwhile the veggie cream has time to cool, too.
Veggie Cream Dip With GF Grissini Breadsticks
- 1 small kohlrabi, diced
- 1 small celery, diced
- 2 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1+1 dl soy sogurt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1+2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 200 g gluten-free flour blend (plus more for later)
- 2 dl water
- 1 tspp salt
- 1 pack dried yeast
For the veggie cream:
1. Clean and dice the kohlrabi and celery and cook it in salty water until they are tender, then transfer to a blender with the garlic and make a smooth puree.
2. Shred the carrots and zucchini. Heat up 1 tbs of olive oil in a pan and sauté the carrots and zucchini over it, mix with the curry powder, chili, basil, salt and pepper. Once done, mix it with the puree and 1 dl of soy yogurt. Set aside and let it cool.
For the grissini:
1. Mix the flour in a large bowl with 1 ts of salt and dried yeast, add 2 tbs of olive oil and 1 dl of soy yogurt.
2. Mix in enough lukewarm water (about 1-2 dl) that makes an easy to knead dough.
3. Once it’s kneaded well, cover the bowl and let it rest for 1,5 hour. Then transfer the dough to a smooth, floured platform and roll it out to 1,5 cm thickness. Cut slices and roll each slice into a stick shape.
4. Place it on a baking tray, on parchment paper. Let the sticks rest for another 3 minutes. Bake them for about 15-20 minutes in 220°C in a preheated oven.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth