Tofu is used in tons of Asian dishes, so I thought it might be worth trying Asian seasoning with scrambled tofu. It's so good and takes just 15 minutes to prepare! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1/2 block Firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tsp Gochujang or other fermented spicy paste
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tsp Black sesame (optional)
1. In a bowl, dissolve the miso and gochujang with 1/4 cup of water. Any more water and it would turn soupy, and any less and it would be a bit too strong. Both of these pastes are packed with flavor so you’ll want to taste test to ensure you have the right combination!
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Drain the tofu. Slice the firm tofu into small cubes to make it easier to scramble. You don’t need to press the tofu in this recipe.
4. Add the firm tofu and scramble using your spatula. Gradually add a splash of almond milk. Cook for 7-8 minutes. The scrambled tofu will get creamy with the almond milk and the natural moisture of the tofu.
5. Once ready, add the miso and gochujang sauce. Mix and cook for another minute until the sauce has evaporated and the tofu is fully cooked through. It’s ready to serve! I added black sesame seeds and sesame oil on mine, plus a thick slice of bread with avocado and sriracha.
You can use any leftover sauce as salad dressing or a sauce for stir fries or noodles.
Also by Debbie: Vegan Chinese Dumplings with Tempeh & Cabbage
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan