I am a huge fan of Asian cuisine and it always inspires me when I am thinking about new recipes. I was scrolling through my old photos and I remembered one night when I was eating out with my friend, and she had some chicken sweet potato soup and that gave me the idea for this one. Instead of peas you can also use broccoli, it's delightful with that too!
YIELDS 2-4 servings
- 200 g tofu, cubed
- 2 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 dl creamy coconut milk
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 handful frozen green peas
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- to taste salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 ts curry powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tbsp each lemon grass, cinnamon, ginger powder
- 1,5 L veggie broth
- Heat up the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion, when fragrant add curry powder and tofu and cook for a few minutes.2.
- Then add the sweet potato dices, carrots, and garlic, too. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the veggie broth to the pot, season with salt, pepper and let it simmer covered for about 20-25 minutes, or until veggies are well cooked but not too soft.
- In the last 5 minutes add the peas, coconut cream, chilies, lemon grass, cinnamon, ginger powder, juice of the lime and more salt or pepper as you like it.
Photo: Imola Toth