I love the many ways you can cook with sweet potatoes. You can fry them, bake them, puree them, or in this case, mash them and turn them into fun sweet potato cakes. These delectable sweet potato pancakes come together with just 5 ingredients, plus salt. Top with guacamole for an irresistible, easy treat!
Jalapeño Sweet Potato Cakes
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Boil sweet potatoes until softened.
2. Drain and mash potatoes in a bowl.
3. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix.
4. Shape mixture into palm-sized patties.
5. Heat skillet to medium-low setting. Cook patties 2-4 minutes. Flip back and forth until patties are golden brown. Optional: Serve with guacamole.
Photo: Cristina Nidome