Pinwheels are generally made with a cream cheese spread on the wrap to hold it together when you roll it. This happens to be the perfect flavor to combine with strawberries, as many desserts often use these flavors together. There are finally a bunch of different vegan cream cheese brands accessible in everyday grocery stores, so this should be an easy find. Make sure to spread only a thin layer of toppings on your wrap to ensure you will be able to roll it.
Picnic-Ready Vegan Strawberry Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 3/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic dressing
- 3 flour burrito wraps
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinich
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a small mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and balsamic dressing until soft and spreadable.
2. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mix onto each burrito wrap.
3. Dividing the toppings between each wrap, evenly layer the veggies, strawberries, and almonds over the cream cheese.
4. Roll each wrap tightly and slice them each into 8 equal sections. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Pound Cake With Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote