If you’re tired of eating the same side dishes every day, it’s time to spice up things a little. I guarantee that the whole family will love this. I am not a big fan of onions, but this one has become my new favorite. It has the perfect amount of savory flavor (veggie broth, sesame) and fresh notes (lemon, herbs). As expected, this dish is super quick and easy to handle—and it easily complements any type of cuisine.
Vegan Spring Onion Rice
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- zest & juice of a half lemon
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 small shallot, dices
- 4 pieces green onions, sliced
- to taste ground pepper
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat up the oil in a pot over medium heat, add the shallots and cook for a few minutes until translucent. Then add rice and fry it for a few minutes, frequently stirring until each piece seems coated with oil and they start to brown.
2. Season with pepper and pour the veggie broth to it. Boil then remove from fire and set aside, leave it cook up the remaining water.
3. When it totally absorbed all of the veggie broth, mix it well with the green onions and parsley. Leave it for a while to rest, then serve warm or cold.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth