Hearty Winter Veggie Bisque
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1-2 head of broccoli, chopped
- 8 carrots, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped in large pieces
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 inch ginger, micro planed
- 1 knob turmeric, micro planed
- as needed salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 425* F. In a bowl, combine the vegetables with oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast the vegetables for 45 minutes, turning at least once half way through.
2. Heat vegetable stock over medium heat, adding the ginger.
3. When the vegetables are tender, remove from oven. Place in a high-speed blender with stock. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the soup back in to the pan on the burner, still on medium heat. Add turmeric, and stir though. Serve with your favorite warm bread!
See more Vegan Soup Recipes
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Jessica Riley-Norton