In honor of Fall and also hopping a bit on the pumpkin bandwagon, I created a pumpkin apple granola that will cater to both our vegan and paleo friends. Having the use of a dehydrator, I dried my own apples for this recipe. You can enjoy this tasty granola with some almond milk, sprinkled over coconut yogurt or just by the handful. I’m warning you now, this granola is quite addictive!
Paleo Pumpkin Apple Granola
- 3 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups dried apples (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dates
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Roughly chop the walnuts and pecans and place them into a bowl with the seeds and spices.
3. With a food processor or blender, puree the dates and water into a paste
4. Place the date paste, pumpkin, oil, vanilla and spices into smaller bowl and mix together.
5. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 – 30 min, stirring once halfway through.
7. Take out and let cool at room temperature.
8. Add in the dried apples and enjoy!
Photo: Kathryn Farrugia