This sauce is thick, rich, and creamy with all the flavor of a dairy cheese sauce. BONUS – It is 100% gluten free, nut free, and soy free. EVEN BIGGER BONUS – It takes only 10 minutes to make! You officially have no excuse to deprive yourself of this deliciousness.
Vegan Butternut Squash Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups frozen cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
1. In a small pot, boil about 2 cups of water.
2. Add frozen cubed butternut squash and add to the water. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until cubes are tender.
3. Drain butternut squash and save about 1/4 cup of the water used for boiling.
4. Combine squash, tahini, water, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and paprika in a high-speed blender.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Christina Ramirez