This roasted vegetable and couscous salad is packed with protein and nourishing greens. Put together a healthy and hearty meal in under 20 minutes. A great dish for your next potluck or packed lunch, it's light yet satisfying.
- 1 cup Chickpeas (canned or preboiled)
- 1 Carrot
- 3 Capsicum
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F.
- Chop up the carrot, capsicum, and green beans to medium thickness.
- Coat the vegetables in 1 tbsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp each of rosemary and thyme.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until slightly charred on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Meanwhile, simmer 1 cup of couscous in 1.5 cup of water over medium heat for 2 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes, then fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Combine the roasted vegetables and couscous, adding the lemon just before serving. Enjoy! 🙂