The plant-based ingredients in these cookies are helpful to support lactation for nursing mommas, but the ingredients are nutrient dense and helpful to anyone in the beautiful infant grind, nursing or not, so I've chosen to call them new baby cookies instead of solely lactation cookies. Whip up a batch of these for any expecting mom, and I'm sure she will be grateful.
Vegan Pumpkin New Baby Cookies (Excellent For Postpartum Support!)
- 3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup Spelt Flour
- 3 tablespoons Brewer's Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
2.In a large bowl, add the chia seeds and stir with the 6 tablespoons of water. Allow to sit and thicken for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and pumpkin puree to the chia egg substitute and stir to combine.
4. Add the ground flax seed, oatmeal, spelt flour, brewer's yeast and cinnamon. Stir to combine into a batter.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
7. Scoop cookies into the baking sheet and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring off the baking sheet to a wire rack to continue cooling. Once cooled, you can store in a freezer safe container or bag for several weeks in the freezer or enjoy today!
Also by Colette: No-Bake, Vegan Breakfast Bars With Nut Butter And Coconut
Related: Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!Photos: Colette Goguen