Vegan Paleo Chocolate Macaroon Cream Pie
- 4 Cups unsweetened, shredded coconut1 Cup maple syrup1/3 Cup, plus 1/2 cup coconut oil1 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon salt1/2 Cup cocoa powder1/2 Cup coconut cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine 1/3 C coconut oil with shredded coconut, 1/2 C of maple syrup, 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla, and 1/2 tsp salt. Press the mixture in to a pie pan, and bake for 6-7 minutes, or until the coconut begins to brown.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the 1/2 cup of the coconut oil with the coconut cream, and the rest of the maple syrup along with cocoa power, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust, cool on the counter and refrigerate one hour or more. Happy Valentine’s Day! Xoxoxo
More Valentine’s Day desserts: Raw Vegan Sexy Chocolate Bark
Photo: Jessica Riley-Norton