Vegan Picnic Recipes: Roasted Vegetable Spaghetti Squash Jar
- 4 cups spaghetti squash
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, sliced
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Balsamic Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch sea salt
2. Toss brussels sprouts, carrots, and kale in the olive oil, separately. Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, and thyme.
3. Spread Brussels sprouts and carrots on a baking sheet, keeping them separate, and bake for 25 minutes, tuning once halfway though.
4. Spread kale out on a baking sheet and place in oven during the last 10 minutes of cook time.
5. Take all vegetables out of the oven and let cool.
6. Remove the seeds in the middle of the squash and shred the flesh with a fork.
7. Layer in a mason jar the spaghetti squash, topped with the brussels sprouts, then carrots, kale, walnuts, and cranberries.
8. Whisk together vinegar and olive oil; set aside and pour on before serving.
9. To serve, either pour into a bowl or just eat right out of the jar!
Also by Kathryn: Broccoli and White Bean Lettuce Wraps
Related: Mason Jar Salad with Crispy Lentils
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Kathryn Farrugia