This recipe is lately one of my favorites when I am prepping my meals for work. It has everything that you need to have a healthy lunch at your desk: vegan proteins, healthy fats, veggies, nuts and carbs. This portion makes enough for 2-3 days.
YIELDS 2 servings
- 1 can (250g) cooked lentil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup rice
- 400 g mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs mulberry flavored balsamic vinegar
- 50g arugula
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- to taste salt, pepper
- Rinse quinoa, then add it with the rice to boiling salty water and cook it for about 15 minutes, until tender.
Filter it once done, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice up the mushrooms and heat up the oil in a pan, along with the 1 minced garlic start to sauté the mushrooms. When done, set aside. Don’t overcook it, 5 minutes should be enough. Once it cooled mix it with the lentil and arugula. Mix in the other minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and oil.
- You can top it with seeds or even pomegranate.
Another version is to mix the lentil with the quinoa and rice before mixing it with the mushrooms.
Photo: Imola Toth