I used mini bundt tins to bake these in because I like the idea of individual servings filled with the topping in the middle. If you don’t have the mini pans, you can still make this recipe in a regular bundt pan and just pour the topping on top of the sliced cake. I like to serve the topping while it’s warm and then add some whipped cream on top or a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Vegan Mini Spiced Peach Bundt Cakes
- 4 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups diced peaches
- For the topping:
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups diced peaches
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease bundt pans.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter, yogurt, oil, vanilla, sugars, and the flax egg.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the milk. Mix well.
6. Fold in the peaches. Pour into molds and bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. While your cakes are baking, prepare the topping. Whisk together the water, sugar, and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
8. Add the peaches and simmer for about 7 minutes, until the peaches soften and the liquid thickens. Remove from heat.
9. Remove cakes from oven and cool before removing from pans.
10. Top cakes with peaches.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote