GF Vegan King Oyster Mushroom Scallops In White Wine Sauce
- 2 large king oyster mushroom
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 1 spring fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup sauvignon blanc
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/ 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 250 ml vegan cream
- 3-4 handfuls frozen baby spinach
- to taste ground pepper, salt
- 1 pinch wild garlic salt
1. Cut the mushrooms into 2 cm-thick rounds, discarding the ends and setting aside the tops.
2. Meanwhile prepare your pasta as per package instructions.
3. Heat 1 tbsp margarine or vegan butter in a skillet, pat dry the scallops and fry them for about 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, along with the thyme spring and the garlic cloves (no need to slice them). Once done, remove scallops from skillet and set aside. (leave the thyme and garlic there)
4. Add the remaining margarine or vegan butter to the skillet, melt it and add the sliced tops of the mushrooms and the sliced zucchini. Season with onion powder, salt and pepper and wild garlic salt. Add the white wine and let it reduce. Then add lemon juice and vegan cream and stir well. Once it starts to bubble, add the frozen spinach as well and cook for about 5 more minutes. Once done, taste and adjust seasoning, transfer the pasta to the skillet, combine well.
5. Serve on plates and top each plate with king oyster mushroom scallops.
Note: If you’re only making a starter, mix the butter, white wine, and seasoning in a separate skillet and pour it over the scallops once they are done. Serve as it is.
Related: Tofu Cacciatore Bowl
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth