This pasta dish is really quite easy to make, as simple as it is delicious, and your kids will love it. It is done in 15 minutes, perfect for busy moms.
If you don't like apricot jam you can use any other kind of jam or as we eat it in my region with jarred amaretto cherries, apricots, or plums preserved in syrup.
For non gluten-free version you can use any kind of wide stripe pasta and semolina, for gluten-free version you can get gluten-free pasta and rice semolina that will taste just as great.
Vegan Hungarian Noodles with Semolina And Apricot Jam
- 250 g dried wide stripe pasta
- 150 g semolina
- 250 ml water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- to taste powdered sugar
- to top apricot jam
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions, rinse under cold running water, drain.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the semolina and toast—stirring continuously—until golden brown. Make sure it is not actual brown cos that means it is burnt. Pour in the water spoon by spoon, stir after each spoon of water until semolina soaks up and dry, not wet. It has to be a little crumbly. Take off the heat.
3. Mix the semolina and the pasta in the pan.
4. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with apricot jam.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth