Vegan Honeycomb Eton Mess
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tsp Vegan butter
- 1 cup Raspberries
- Vegan whipped cream
- 3/4 cup Vegan single cream
1. Butter a cake tin.
2. Stir the sugar and golden syrup together in a heavy-bottomed pan until the sugar has melted.
3. Turn the heat up and let the mixture simmer until it turns caramel-colored.
4. Pour it into the tin and leave it for at least an hour to cool down.
5. Whip the single cream (or “half & half” in the U.S.) until it’s relatively stiff. (This can take quite a while with vegan cream.)
6. Break the honeycomb into pieces (once it has set). Then, mix it with the cream and the raspberries in a bowl.
7. Assemble the Eton mess by dolloping the mixture into glasses and decorating with whipped cream and more raspberries.
Also by Hannah: Vegan Tofish & Chips With Mushy Peas
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts