Oats are a wonderful staple to stock up on because they are cheap, versatile, and they store well. This oatmeal is perfect to make these days, thanks to its antiviral and flu-fighting properties. It is super simple to make and requires no prep work. You can eat this as a filling breakfast to start the day or a calming dessert to end the night.
Vegan Golden Milk Oatmeal Bowl
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup, heaping rolled oats
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- to top shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
1. Add the coconut milk and oats to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
2. Stir in the spices and let the oats cook, for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup.
4. Top with shredded coconut and coconut yogurt.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote