This is a fun way to mix up cold salads in the summer without using pasta or potatoes. It’s also super easy and quick to make, with the gnocchi taking only about five minutes to prepare. I like to boil mine for a minute before pan frying it, to give it a more crispy outside. I used pre-packaged gnocchi, but you can make your own homemade if you would rather. On the other hand, you can use bottled Italian dressing if you don’t want to make your own.
- 2 cups gnocchi
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir in:
- 1/4 cup vegan feta cheese
1. Prepare gnocchi according to package. Set aside while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onions, peppers, basil, and garlic.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
4. Add the gnocchi and the dressing to the veggies and mix well to coat.
5. Stir in the feta. Use more or less of the prepared dressing, depending on preference.
6. Place in the fridge for about an hour to chill before serving for best results.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote