With a combination of rolled oats, cashews, dates, and coconut butter, these vegan donut holes pack a bite of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats--so feel free to think of them as nutritious energy bites, too!
5-Ingredient Raw Vegan Donut Holes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder (optional)
1. Blend oats, cashews, and dates in a high-speed blender or food processor until well combined. It should end up being a giant ball of dough. Roll into balls and chill in the fridge or freezer until firm.
2. To make the glaze: melt the coconut butter by submerging the jar into hot water for 15- 20 minutes, then whisk with maple syrup and (optional) cacao powder (for chocolate flavor).
3. Dip the solid donut holes into the glaze, covering each one completely.
4. Put donut holes back in the fridge or freezer until the glaze has hardened.
5. Store donut holes in the fridge for up to one week or freezer for long-term storage.
Also by Lauren: Veggie-Filled Greek Power Hummus Bowl
Related: Maple Glazed Apple Cider Donuts
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier