Whatever the reason, I think we can all agree that there are certain foods that make us nostalgic for an earlier time. For me, that food is ice cream. To me, it brings back post-softball game celebrations, special treat days at school, bike rides with my Dad, and hot summer nights catching fireflies in the front yard. These are all very fond memories for me and, of course, I still enjoy ice cream.
So, today's recipe is reminiscent of my childhood while still honoring the adult I've grown into. Making dairy-free ice cream is so easy! Frozen bananas make the perfect base, and from there, you can customize it any way you want it. Chocolate chip was my favorite flavor growing up, and today coffee has my heart, so I decided to merge the two and create an ice cream flavor all my own with this recipe for Vegan Coconut Mocha Ice Cream. I hope you enjoy! Maybe it will trigger some happy memories for you as well.
Vegan Dessert Recipes: Coconut Mocha Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, canned
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
2. Turn on and slowly pour in the coconut milk, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
3. Fold in the shredded coconut and dark chocolate pieces.
4. Serve immediately or place in the freezer to set for about 30 min if needed.
Also by Kathryn: Vegan Baked Apple with Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Related: Vegan Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Kathryn Farrugia