These kitchen sink bars are always a hit. They include just about everything in your pantry- fruit, nuts, chocolate, and coconut. "Everything but the kitchen sink," as the expression goes. They're very decadent but a bit healthier than their conventional counterparts. However, we don't condemn throwing in some crushed potato chips, pretzels, or maybe even your favorite vegan Girl Scout cookie. Go wild! And be sure to tell us the results.
Vegan Cookie Recipes: Kitchen Sink Bars
Recipe Type: Sweets
YIELDS 16 servings
- flax eggs
- nut or seed butter
- rolled oats
- baking powder
- soy milk
- dried cranberries
- For topping
- dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flax eggs, applesauce, nut or seed butter, vanilla, and sweetener in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, stirring well.
- Slowly add milk, stirring as you go, until well-combined.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Transfer to oiled 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle coconut, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chunks onto the batter (in that order).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (coconut should look slightly crispy).
- Once cool, slice and serve!
Also by Quincy: Vegan Irish Vegetable Boxty
Related: Hormone Balancing Chocolate Fudge
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas