Vegan Chinese Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry With “Oyster” Sauce
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, reconstituted
- 1 cup (1/2 packet) Bean curd (yuba), reconstituted
- 1 Large broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large pan over medium heat.
2. Add minced garlic and sliced onion. Stir in the vegetarian oyster sauce – this is a rich, thick and flavorful all-purpose sauce. If you add more than the 2 tsp in the recipe, your stir fry will be saltier and darker in color. Feel free to add to taste.
3. Now drain and rinse the shiitake and bean curd. Simmer in the oyster sauce for 2-3 minutes to absorb the flavor of the sauce.
4. Add the broccoli and stir fry for about 4-5 more minutes, until it is crunchy and cooked through.
5. In the last minute or so of cooking, stir through the toasted sesame oil. If you can, leave this for a few minutes for the flavors to combine. Enjoy your healthy stir fry! 😊
Also by Debbie: Chinese 5 Vegetable Stew
Easy Vegan Wontons (Ready To Eat In 25 Minutes)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan