Vegan Cake Recipes: Easy Raw Carrot Cake
- 5-8 carrots
- 6 dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch salt
1. Soak the dates and cashews in water for two to twenty-four hours.
2. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine carrots and dates until they are paste-like (some texture is okay). Mix in spices, salt, coconut, raisins, and cashew flour.
3.Prepare a 9″ by 9″ pan by lining it with tin foil or parchment paper. Press the cake into the form, and place in the refrigerator.
4. Meanwhile, combine the cashews, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt in the blender or food processor. Scrape down the sides as you go, until it looks like…. cream cheese frosting!
5. Frost the cake. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy.
Also by Jessica: Healthy Dinner: Vegan Polenta with Eggplant Stew
Related: Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Jessica Riley-Norton