This recipe for Superfood Toast fulfills that need--it's nourishing and hearty with a balanced combination of whole grains, healthy fats, and immunity-boosting superfoods. The toast I used is sprouted for optimal digestion. Avocado will keep your skin supple and hair shiny. It's also great for joint health as you go about summer sports like swimming or cycling. The cabbage-apple slaw contains probiotics that are great for gut health, and the bee pollen (totally optional for bee-free vegans) contains protein and reduces allergies. Seaweed gets a lot of hype for its umami flavor, but it also contains many vitamins and minerals. And turmeric is anti-inflammatory in addition to also having high a high mineral content.
All in all, this simple yet delicious Superfood Toast is a great option for a light meal or hearty snack. It takes less than 10 minutes to make, so don't shy away from trying it next time you're looking for a spin on your classic avo toast.
- 2 pieces Sprouted bread (I used Ezekiel)
- 1/2 Avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink maldon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Kelp seasoning (I used Bragg)
- 1/4 cup Cabbage-apple slaw (shredded cabbage and apple pickled in vinegar, salt, and sugar)*
- 2 teaspoons Bee pollen (optional)
2. Combine avocado, lemon, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread half of mixture on each slice of toast
4. Sprinkle each slice with turmeric and kelp seasoning.
5. Top with cabbage-apple slaw (2 tbs. each) and bee pollen (1 tsp. each).
6. Enjoy, and recognize that you're feeding your body with vital nutrients! *Or fermented veggie of your choice.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Kitchen Sink Bars
Related: Sexy Superfood Chocolate Bark
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas