I’m sure you’ve heard of overnight oats, and maybe even zucchini overnight oats, but have you tried cauliflower in your oatmeal yet? If you’re new to this whole vegetables in your oatmeal thing, I suggest that you start with cauliflower first. The steamed cauliflower blends easily in with the oatmeal, fluffing up the texture without adding any distinct cauliflower or vegetable taste. It seems to melt into the bowl, allowing you to enjoy a serving of veg before noon.
I loved adding fresh fruit and peanut butter to the oatmeal to complement the creamy texture of the cereal. If you wake up craving a hot meal, these oats can easily be popped in the microwave or heated over the stovetop until warmed throughout.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablspoon white chia seeds
- 1/2 cup steamed riced cauliflower
- 1/2 mashed banana
- dash cinnamon
- fresh fruit
- peanut butter
- coconut flakes
1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and stir slightly to combine.
2. Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
3. In the morning, serve with fresh fruit, peanut butter, and coconut flakes.
Also by Lauren: Gluten-Free Ragu Stuffed Eggplant
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier