- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water flax egg
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate powder (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
2. In a blender or food processor, combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water and let sit for a few minutes to create your "flax egg."
3. Next, add banana, almond milk, protein powder, cacao powder, and pomegranate powder and blend until well combined.
4. Spoon mixture onto the skillet to form several pancakes.
5. Add chocolate chips and pomegranate seeds now, if desired, or before serving.
6. Heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath, then flip and heat for 1-3 on the other side.
7. Transfer pancakes to a plate and top with more pomegranate seeds, chocolate chips, and maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Also by Lauren: Four-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter "Kiss" Cookies
Related: Pistachio Rose Water Belgian Waffles
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier